Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Charleston.

I am not a big one for acting on what I see in the news. However, the Emmanuel shooting hit too close to home so I sent them this letter.

My Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

Words cannot express the deep sorrow that I feel after hearing of the horrible and tragic crime visited upon your congregation. My church too experienced a shooting several years ago and while not nearly as awful as what happened at Emmanuel, I know the deep pain that it caused us. I also know the great comfort and grace God showered out upon us. I am confident that the Lord will be present to comfort and heal you too. That is my prayer for you. Know that your brothers and sisters of many denominations and in many places hold you in their prayers and hearts!

Yours in Christ,

I have been very impressed by their response and the response of the whole city of Charleston. No one has to tell them to stay classy!
blog comments powered by Disqus