Sunday, September 04, 2011

Index Of Forbidden Songs (Gather, Pt. IV).


The famous LarryD, proprietor of Acts of the Apostasy (one of the best blogs out there), posted Top Ten Topics That Will Rock Your Catholic Blog last Sunday. It's a great post; funny with a lot truth in it. But he missed one, criticizing church music. Want the nuts to come out of the woodwork, post about that one. In the combox, I have been call sick and sad, a stumbling block to sinners, and force for destruction within the Church. Well, I am sorry if I don't fit your preconceived notions of a mealy-mouthed priest. And I am sorry if you don't like my sense of humor (de gustibus and all that). However, insulting me will not get me to stop. In fact, it will do just the opposite. I spent too much time around Marines growing up. If you think I am wrong about a particular song or category, I would like to hear your reasons why. However, "your fat, ugly, and your mother dresses you funny" is not a reason, or "you're mean and hate-filled" is neither a reason nor true. Such comments willed be deleted and you will be banned. You are a guest in my blog, act like it.

Numbers 501-550:

503-Come to the Feast: HH
504-I Have Loved You: SIGV, DTD
508-We Are the Light of the World: TMV
509-Be Light for Our Eyes: HH
511-Light of Christ: HH, DMWP Exsultet straight up, please.
520-All the Ends of the Earth: DTD
522-Glory and Praise to Our God: C, DS, DTD
523-Sing Our God Together: HH, HL
537-Sing a New Song: DS, DTD
549-You Are the Voice: HH, DO

C=Castrated, DO= Dubious Orthodoxy, DMWP=Don't Mess With Perfection, DS=Dan Schutte, DTD=Done To Death, EP=Ex-Priest, G=Germanophobic, H=Heretical, HH=Haugen&Haas, HL=Hella Lame, LC=Leftist Crap, NAU=Not About Us, SIGV=Singing In God's Voice(i. e. we are not God, SWTR= Stick With The Rite, TMV=Too Many Verses, WIG=Where is God?
blog comments powered by Disqus