Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Index Of Forbidden Songs (Music Issue, Pt. V).


Before I move onto part five, let me answer a question some people may be asking: Why is this priest complaining about these songs? First, music is very powerful. Want something to sink into people's minds and hearts, set it to music. I can still remember the first time I heard the Our Father chanted, it stuck like glue. If it is theologically and spiritually sound, it does so much good. If it isn't, the damage is equally deadly. Admittedly, some of my criticism is a matter of taste. (Of course, I am 100% right.) But more of it is not. (Plus, as a priest I have to listen to a LOT of it.)

Anyways, on to numbers 501-550.

502-Come Unto Me: SIGV
505-The Eyes And Hand Of Christ: SIGV
508-Only This I Want: DS (Actually, one of his better works.)
510-Women Of The Church: EP, HL, DO. (Holy because of estrogen, nice.)
511-We Have Been Chosen: NAU
516-We Have Been Told: HH
517-Anthem: NAU, H. (We, we, we, with a healthy dose of leftism.)
518-All That Is Hidden: SIGV
523-Christ Before Us: G
535-We Remember: HH, DTD
543-We Are The Light Of The World: C, TMV, DTD
548-Sing To The Mountains: DTD (I don't sing to inanimate objects.)

C=Castrated, DO= Dubious Orthodoxy, DMWP=Don't Mess With Perfection, DS=Dan Schutte, DTD=Done To Death, EP=Ex-Priest, G=Germanophobic, H=Heretical, HH=Haugen&Haas, HL=Hella Lame, NAU=Not About Us, SIGV=Singing In God's Voice(i. e. we are not God, TMV=Too Many Verses, WIG=Where is God?
blog comments powered by Disqus