Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pfisking Pfleger

The guys a Creative Minority Report always get the good stuff. They point out another blog that points out an 'apology' by the infamous Pfleger of Chicago for his dissent from the Church's teaching on the (non) ordination of women in a homily last weekend. Not really an apology, as you can see,

On Sunday, April 11, while preaching a sermon on the power of fear, I was referring to the fear that paralyzed the apostles, locking them in a room, leaving only John and the women at the foot of the cross. I stated that is why I believe women ought to be able to be ordained, as well as priests ought to be able to get married.

While this is my personal opinion, I do respect and follow the Catholic Church teachings and I am sorry I failed to do this.

If this isn't, "obstinate post-baptismal denial of some truth which must be believed with divine and catholic faith, or it is likewise an obstinate doubt concerning the same," then what is? This can hardly be characterized as respecting or following the teachings of the faith. An apology is not what is called for here. A recantation of heresy is required.

blog comments powered by Disqus