Thursday, November 05, 2009

Not In My Name!

Let's be clear on something, the wing nuts of the "Plowshares Movement" do not speak for me or for my church. The 5 arrested development hippies may include a priest (Jesuit) and a nun but what they espouse is unthinking pacifism. During a web search about this story, I encountered a lot of whining about the 'abuse' they suffering (hand-cuffed, hooded, and left on the 'cold, wet ground' for a couple of hours. They were lucky they were not shot. (Marines are very uncompromising concerning the security of nuclear weapons.) I hope they are prosecuted to the full extent of the law regardless of their ages. Or rather because of their ages. They are old enough to know better.

(PS Tell me again why the visitation of the religious congregations in this country is a bad idea. Though it is becoming obvious that the men's congregations needed to be included too.)
blog comments powered by Disqus