Saturday, October 10, 2009

ZOMBIELAND!

Oh, Zombieland, how do I love thee! Let me count the ways!

As my friends Fr. Orange Joe says, I love all things zombie. (Well, with the exception of Italian
zombie movies. Scary and disgusting are not the same thing.) I like the Romero flicks. Max Brooks is a prince among men. And Shaun Of The Dead is quite possibly the best movie ever.

Zombieland enters the pantheon. It is well made and well acted. It is both frightening and funny. Heck, it made me realize that my life is incomplete without a Cadillac Escalade with a plow. (OK, the Hummer with the arsenal is pretty cool too.) Columbus' rules for surviving the zombie apocalypse, Bill Murray as Bill Murray... well the list could go on forever. This movie is even responsible for my no longer despising Woody Harrelson.

Rated a well deserved R for violence, gore, language, and the zombie stripper, it isn't for young ones, but I will no doubt watch this many times in the future.
blog comments powered by Disqus