Friday, July 17, 2009

Crocodile Tears.

Walter Cronkite is dead. I won't shed many tears. He is one of the people who made my father's sacrifice in Vietnam meaningless or at least without any worldly impact. The most trusted man in America betrayed his trust by promoting his own agenda under the guise of journalistic neutrality. (At least today, the MSM doesn't even pretend to be anything other than left-wing liberal entity that it is.) The Tet Offensive was an amazing, hard-fought victory for the U. S. and the Republic of Vietnam, but Cronkite knowingly made it something else. Following his retirement, Cronkite came out of the closet as it were and publicly aired the views he had formerly advanced undercover. (I remember him saying something to the effect of good people are necessarily liberal.) I don't mourn his passing. I will force myself to pray for his salvation, but I certainly won't enjoy it. I also hope that he has a good deal of time to meditate on his betrayal. (I feel much the same way about the late and much unlammented Robert McNammara.)
blog comments powered by Disqus