Saturday, April 18, 2009

Punctuality...

is not a virtue common in Utah. (Somehow I think it is related to the inability of the state's inhabitants to use the turn-signal lever for anything other than hanging an air freshener, but I haven't figured out the exact connection.) Go to a movie, the theater, or any other event and a good portion of the folks come sauntering in late. Some folks joke about it and call it MST: Mormon Standard Time. But, let me tell you, it isn't limited to members of the local predominant religion. A fair number of my parishioners come to Mass late, habitually. It is so bad at our 11:30 am Sunday Mass that I am thinking of changing the name to the 11:45 am Mass (I'll still start it at 11:30). I can cope with it, but I wish they wouldn't stroll down the center aisle as if nothing were wrong. It is most annoying at Weddings and Funerals. They may have no respect for the Church, but at least they should have some for the deceased/couple. Perhaps they think if they arrive early, lightning will strike them or something.
blog comments powered by Disqus