Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Visit From The Obama "Truth" Squad.

No, I haven't disappeared. I just needed to get over Christmas, a very bad cold, a spate of funerals, and some rather nasty grief I have been receiving. Also, I have been living in dread of the upcoming coronation.

Anyway, the Salt Lake Tribune religion editor called earlier in the week and asked me to make a comment on the incoming presidency. (I think she wanted a divergent opinion.) Here is what I said.

My prayer is that God will enlighten him, keep him safe and help him do a good job. I didn't vote him, and didn't want him but he is our president and I will pray for him and support him in whatever way I can. My fear is that he will undo all the pro-life advances under Bush such as reversing the policy not to fund overseas abortions or reinstituting Bill Clinton's allowance of abortions on military bases. I also very afraid of justices he might appoint to the Supreme Court, including some who come down on the side of ACLU on the separation of church and state. I just hope I'm wrong.

Relatively restrained I thought. But apparently not restrained enough for the Obamabots. I had a 'nice' message on my answering machine this evening from a fellow who was very upset at my comments. I guess this will be what it will be like for the next four years. Criticize the One and the truth squad will be all over you.
blog comments powered by Disqus