Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Priest Secrets And Upcoming Road Trip.

Alert! I am going to let you in on a trade secret about Confessions. (No, I am not going to violate the seal.) They can be a lot of fun. Of course, they can be extremely humbling and uplifting, such as when we reconcile someone after 20 or more years away from the Faith. But they can also be entertaining, especially Children's Confessions, though to adapt Bishop Sheen's line about hearing the Confessions of nuns, it is a bit like being stoned to death with popcorn. It can also be fun when people slip when reciting the Act of Contrition. Many has been the time I have heard, "Oh My God, I am hardly sorry...." Even better is when someone begins to say, "Bless us Oh Lord and these Thy gifts...." But the best was when a young man gave the Boy Scout oath. I can't help but think that Our Lord is chuckling too.

Next month, I am going on retreat with Fr. Benedict Groeschel at the Sacred Heart Retreat Center in Alhambra, CA. It turn out that I will have coverage the weekend before, so I can go down a little early for an In-N-Out and Fry's fix.
blog comments powered by Disqus