Monday, August 11, 2008

Let The Joyful News Go Out To All The Nations!

The long reign of darkness is over. Our friends at the CDW, fresh from causing much wailing and grinding of teeth in the FDLC and Diocese of Erie with the uncompromising approval of Vox Clara translation of the ordinary of the Ordinary Form, have charged out onto the field and eliminated the Four Letter Word. Yes Orthometrists, no longer will we be terrorized by the use of "Yahweh" in bad 70s era songs. I have additional cause for joy in that I have been fighting these songs for all of my priesthood. And for the same reasons that the CDW has cited! In your face Liturgihippies! Here is a link (via The New Liturgical Movement) to the CDW letter and its USCCB cover. Now if you will excuse me, I need to go back to singing the Ren & Stimpy "Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy" song.
blog comments powered by Disqus