Wednesday, June 25, 2008

You Really Need To Get Out More.

I am amazed at people who make comments on old posts. A few months ago there was the visit from the St. Joan of Arc liturgical dancer. Yesterday, I noticed via the sitemeter that someone had discovered a post over a year old concerning a Franciscan brother who writes 'icons' whose theological content is best described as heretical. This fellow seems displeased I, among others, took umbrage at the homoerotic, syncretic, and downright strange subjects of some of these 'icons'.

I found this aside of his rather amusing, "supposedly by a Catholic priest (I say supposedly, because I really don't know if he is or not, and he doesn't sound like many priests I know), commenting rather spiritedly (and negatively) about Br. Robert Lentz, ofm, a contemporary icon writer." He needs to get out more and experience the greater variety of clergy and then perhaps he might realize what exactly was wrong with those icons.

BTW, this reminds me of a seminary story. One of my friends was having a meeting with one of the seminary's PPCP (Polyester Plain Clothes Penguins). (No it wasn't the Ice Queen.) Suffice it to say that there was no love lost between the two. Sister commented to the fellow, "You are one of the most unpleasant men I have ever met." To which my friend replied, "Oh sister, you need to get out more."
blog comments powered by Disqus