Friday, May 30, 2008

Pizza and Beer, Jesus is NOT here.

I was going to title this post, "About Dammed Time, Pt. II". I am referring, of course, to the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith's decree on the automatic excommunication of the Water Witches (aka Poncho Ladies) and their makers. I my view this should have been done several years ago. (Yes, I know for Rome this was quick action. After all, it took near a century for them to decide on the invalidity of Mormon baptism.) This makes very explicit the teaching of the Church on the invalid and sacrilegious nature of these 'ordinations'.

While surfing the blogs and reading the coverage of this, I have noticed a train of thought from the dissenters. It goes something like, "There are women way more talented than the men in the priesthood these days." It is usually coupled with, "How many parishes have to be closed before this is changed?" They miss the point entirely. Church doctrine isn't a plastic thing that we can change, whether the reasons are frivolous or serious. The Church must obey the teachings of Her Lord. The position of the Church on ordination has been uni-vocal throughout Her entire existence: only validly baptized men may be ordained. To hold anything else is heresy. 'Ordaining' a woman would be like using pizza and beer for the Eucharist. I may like it more than bread and wine. It may meet a 'need'. However, no matter how many times I might say the words of institution over it, it will not become the Body and Blood of Christ.
blog comments powered by Disqus