Wednesday, April 02, 2008

In Memory of Ralph.

Today in my homily, I mentioned my late lamented pet cockroach Ralph. I tied him in with the following Gospel passage:

And this is the judgment, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one who does evil hates the light, and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.

Whenever I read this, I just picture turning on the lights and the roaches ducking for cover under the stove, fridge, etc....

But, back to Ralph. In the seminary, during the summer between First and Second Theology, I went to Cuernavaca, Mexico to study Spanish. I had a miserable time. I couldn't go to daily Mass because all the Masses were in the morning when we had class and all the priests who were studying Spanish with us were to lazy to say one. Also, I came down with a Giardia infection. (I lost 50 pounds in two months. I don't recommend this diet however.) And, I was bored to death. I was so bored I made a pet of a cockroach that lived in my bathroom. Every morning, I would feed him a little something. Here is thinking of you, Ralph.
blog comments powered by Disqus