Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Meme

A while ago, the Tara-wrist at Loved Sinner zapped me with the Christmas Meme:

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Gift bags. Because a) I am too lazy to wrap things and b) my wrapping efforts usually end in disaster.

2. Real or artificial tree? Before ordination, I would have said real. However, since I have had personal experience trying to get dry needles out of the church, I say artificial hands down.

3. When do you put up the tree? Not being an advent-nazi, I have no problems with putting up Christmas stuff early as long as it is left up through the Feast of the Baptism of the Lord. However, since I only put up trees in the church now, the rule is no sooner than the Fourth Sunday of Advent.

4. When do you take the tree down? No sooner than the Feast of the Baptism of the Lord.

5. Do you like egg nog? Heck yes I like egg nog. (It is a very good thing it isn't available year round or I would be round.)

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I got a lot of great gifts as a kid. The ones that come to mind are my telescopes, GiJoe stuff, lego sets, and a Verti-Bird.

7. Did you have a Nativity scene? Yup. In fact, mom gave me the one we had as I was growing up.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Myself--I am too picky.

9. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Clothes.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. Email is cheating.

11. Favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Carol (1984) , A Christmas Story (1983) , and Christmas Vacation (1989) .

12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Sometime after Thanksgiving.

13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.

14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Waldorf Salad.

15. Clear lights or colored lights on the tree? Colored.

16. Favorite Christmas song? Angels We Have Heard On High

17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Are you kidding? It is a work day.

18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Lets see; Comet, Cupid, Agnew, Nixon. Nope, and I date myself.

19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel

20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning.

21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Muzaked Christmas music. (One Christmas I worked in a mall and almost went postal due to the mall music.)

22. Best thing about this time of year? Celebrating the proper Christmas Masses at the proper times with the proper readings.
blog comments powered by Disqus