Tuesday, October 02, 2007

I'm back

I returned to Utah from my retreat at the Sacred Heart Retreat House in Alhambra, CA on Friday at 11:30 pm.

The retreat was sponsored by the Southern California chapter of the Confraternity of Catholic Clergy. Our retreat master was The Rt. Rev. Edmund McCaffrey, Retired Abbot of Belmont Abbey. He is a great retreat master; solid theology and a most engaging speaking style. (If you ever get a chance to listen to him, make sure you do so.) The other retreatants were a great bunch of guys both young and old. (An acquaintance of mine, Fr. Dan Mode, author of The Grunt Padre was also on this retreat. He is a Navy Chaplain and just finished a year's tour in Afghanistan.) This was the best retreat I have made since attending one with Groeschel in 1995. (Not to mention that I was able to have my yearly In-N-Out Burger fix.)

On Saturday, I spoke at our diocesan religious education congress on the topic of Confession. (Yes, Confession. I don't like the term Reconciliation. It reminds me of check books.) It was nice to see a whole bunch of folks I have known from years past.

On Sunday, Fr. Frank Pavone MEV celebrated and preached at all our Masses. As you can expect, he gave a very powerful homily. We had several visitors to the parish including DGD from The Sci-Fi Catholic (unfortunately, Snuffles stayed home).

On Monday, I went through my snail mail (filled up a trash can with the junk mail) and my email (170).

Yes, the dogs and the conure were happy to see me.
blog comments powered by Disqus