Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Recurrent nightmare


While I have been out of school for 14 years now (I did ten years of post high school education), this time of year always brings back memories of the beginning of the school year.
One memory that jumps to the forefront is the anxiety of starting a new year. Often this was manifested with a dream/nightmare that I had forgotten that school had started and missed the first day/month/ and even once year of school. This still happens on occasion. (It is a great relief to wake up and realize that it isn't true because, heh, I graduated!)
The funny thing is that during my junior year of high school, it actually happened. I forgot to set my alarm and because mom had already left for work, I slept in until 11:00 a. m.. You can't imagine the panic I felt as I woke up and looked at my clock. I think I set a land speed record getting to school that day.
blog comments powered by Disqus