Saturday, August 11, 2007

The men who died with my dad


Yesterday, I received an email from a marine who served with my dad in Vietnam. He was in the same unit, but in a different Forward Observer team. This is the first time I have been contacted by one of dad's comrades. It is good to know that someone still thinks about him.


Anyway, through him, I found a link to the 12th Marines Regimental Artillery Memorial Wall site. Through it I was finally able to find out the names of the two men from dad's team that died with him. (The fourth team member survived--praise God!) I have been saying Mass for these men every year since I have been ordained, but never knew their names. They are Lance Corporal Harry C. Smith of York, PA and Corporal Robert Collins of Eugene, OR. God bless you men!
blog comments powered by Disqus