Thursday, May 10, 2007

Fever induced dreams


During my last bout with the flu, I had some pretty amazing fever induced dreams. No, I won't tell you what there were. But I wish one had been like this:

It has been almost 20 years since Clint Eastwood did his last Dirty Harry movie, The Dead Pool. I think it high time for another one. However, Clint is probably too old for all the stunts and Harry would certainly have retired. What if Harry had experienced a conversion and moved on to a new vocation? Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Holy Harry in Religious Impact!


Open on Father Harry Calahan. He has just discovered the parish liturgical coordinator altering the hymnal so that they will have inclusive language. He had the fellow pinned to the wall by the neck. "I know what you're thinking. 'Did he pray five decades or only four?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is the Holy Rosary, the most powerful devotion in the Church, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel blest? Well, do ya, punk?"
blog comments powered by Disqus