Saturday, February 17, 2007

Well it looks like a lot of people are going to Candy Mountain


Well, the results of the 2007 Catholic Blog Awards are in. Thanks to everyone who voted for me. When I started this, I really didn't think that anyone but a few friends who read it. But wow, last week marked 30,000 hits. (Far too many people with far too much time on their hands.) Needless to say despite all my threats and posturing, I didn't win. (And no, I won't pull an Al Gore and hire a bunch of lawyers.)

Here is how Orthometer placed. 11th place in Best Blog by Clergy/Religious/Seminarian. Fr. Z won and to be honest that is who I voted for. 17th in Best Individual Catholic Blog. This was won by Amy Welborn's Open Book which is one of my daily reads. 6th place in Best New Catholic Blog. This was won by Rorate Caeli. 30th in Best Overall Catholic Blog. The lovely Amy W won this one too. 18th in Funniest Catholic Blog. To no one's surprise, The Curt Jester won this one. This is well deserved as Jeff is responsible for more keyboards being ruined by coffee-laugh-sprays than any other site on the Net. 29th place in Smartest Catholic Blog. (Which ain't bad for a blog whose unofficial mascots are Eric Cartman and Charlie the Unicorn.) Jimmy Akin deservedly won this category.

Congratulations to all the winners. As for next year, "I'll be back!"

(Now if I can just figure out how to post the nominee sticker thingies into my blogger template.)
blog comments powered by Disqus