Monday, January 08, 2007

Catholic Alphabet Meme

I saw this over at Happy Catholic. I wasn't tagged, but I want to do it anyway.

[A is for apparitions - your favorite]: Fatima (I like my apparitions detailed and approved.)

[B is for Bible - the one you read most often]: Ignatius Bible

[C is for Charism - the one you would most like to have]: Luminousity (It would make hearing Confessions easier).

[D is for Doctor of the Church - your favorite]: St. Athanasius the Great, Defender of the Divinity of Christ.

[E is for Essential Prayer - What's yours?]: Bless us Oh Lord and these Thy gifts which we are about to receive through Thy bounty through Christ Our Lord. Amen.

[F is for Favorite Hymn]: Dies Irae.

[G is for Gospel - your favorite author?]: John.

[H is for Holy Communion - How would you describe it, using one word?]: Umm, Communion.

[I is for Inspiration - When do you feel most inspired by God?]: Saying Mass

[J is for Jesus - When did you first meet Him?]: I can't remember. It seems like I have always known him.

[K is for Kindness - Which saint or person has most inspired you by their kindness?]: St. Maximillian Kolbe.

[L is for liturgical year - your favorite time in the liturgical cycle?]: Lent

[M is for Mary, the Mother of God - Your favorite term of endearment for her]: Our Lady

[N is for New Testament - Your favorite passage]: Galatians 6:14, 17 -- But far be it from me to glory except in the cross of Our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. Henceforth let no man trouble me; for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus.

[O is for Old Testament - Your favorite Book here]: Malachi.

[P is for Psalms - your favorite]: No doubt about it ... Psalm 130 (and 144).

[Q is for quote - saint quote]: St. Francis, "Preach always. When necessary use words."

[R is for rosary - your favorite mysteries]: Sorrowful.

[S is for Saint - the one you turn to in time of need - not including the Blessed Virgin Mary]: St. Michael, St. Athanasius, and St. Anthony of Padua.

[T is for Tradition - your favorite Catholic tradition]: Prayer to the saints.

[U is for university - Which Catholic University have you attended or are currently attending?]: Marquette, Mt. Angel Seminary.

[V is for Virtue - the one you wish you had]: Hope.

[W is for Way of the Cross - Which station can you most relate to?]: Don't have a special one.

[X is for Xaverian Brothers - Do you know who they are?]: No.

[Y is for your favorite Catholic musician]: Palestrina.

[Z is for Zeal for the faith]: Yes.

Ok time for revenge: I tag the Catholic Caveman. And The Crescat (tired of the tags yet?)
blog comments powered by Disqus