Monday, October 02, 2006

From the Index of Prohibited Words

Hey! I do have Internet access up here. I will be keeping a running log of words I hear at the meetings that I that I detest.

Empower
Diversity
Community

Wednesday Update: The convocation is remarkably jargon free so far expect for the above which come from questions and comments of my diocesan brothers.

In the comments, several people have asked whats wrong with one or more of these words. These words in themselves are not bad, it is how they are used to advance particular agendas that I find repugnant. For example, community can just describe a group of people or it can stress the human reality of the Church to the exclusion of the more important religious reality. (Also, note the fact that any parish that refers to itself as a 'Catholic Community' is usually a heretical hotbed.)
blog comments powered by Disqus