Saturday, August 19, 2006

What the @#$ is that?


(Mass will be offered for the person who gives A) The first right answer and B) The best fanciful answer.)










Update 22 August 2006 The contest is officially closed. Fr. Stephanos correctly identified the statue as being the Native American Memorial at Our Lady of the Yellow Armadillo in Los Angeles. (When I first learned what it was, I though, "Haven't we done enough to those poor people?" But when I learned that it was by an Indian artist, I realized it was retaliation.) Seriously, what business does a Pagan statue entitled "Spirit of the Earth" have in a Christian Cathedral. Jack Chick would love this!

I liked all the fanciful suggestions. But the co-winners are Paul Hofer with the 'Monster that killed Tasia Yar' suggestion (extra points because I'm a Trekkie) and Brad Haas with the 'Giant Nut Eating Woman'. Your Mass will be celebrated next Monday.

Honorable mention goes Kasia because I thought the same thing the first time I saw the real thing. And so did the other priest who was visiting with me. We had to stop at the Alhambra Carmelites Convent afterwards to purify our minds with prayer. It reminds me of the episode of Everybody Loves Raymond where Marie takes up sculpture.
blog comments powered by Disqus