Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Oh No! I've been memed!

I got tagged by The Curt Jester with the the Book Meme. So here goes:

1. One book that changed your life. This is a hard one. I would have to say G. K. Chesterton's Orthodoxy. It placed many of my own disparate thoughts in a coherent framework.

2. One book that you have read more than once. This is easy. J. R. R. Tolkein's The Lord of the Rings. I read it at least once a year.

3. One book you'd want on a desert island. St. Augustine's City of God. It has it all; scripture, history, and philosophy. I could read it to Wilson.

4. One book that made you laugh. G. K. Chesterton's The Man Who Was Thursday.

5. One book that made you cry. Michael Shaara's The Killer Angels. This is the best war book ever. I cried at the description of Pickett's charge.

6. One book you wish had been written. The sequel to 'salem's Lot Stephen King talked about in the 80s but never wrote. (Ok, so I like pop horror.)

7. One book you wish had never been written. Karl Marx's Das Kapital. More people have been killed and suffered in the name of this #$%ed up philosophy than any other in history. Close runner up: The Koran for the same reason.

8. One book you are currently reading. Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child's The Book of the Dead. Fun, clever thriller that will keep you out of museums.

9. One book I have been meaning to read. John Paul II Memory and Identity.

10. Tag some others. The guys at Videat Dominus et Requirat, The Art of Apologetics , and Improvised .
blog comments powered by Disqus